Ace of Energy from Snowland Tarot
by Ron & Janet Boyer
We’ve all been there at one time or another. We lose motivation for whatever we are doing and, believe it or not, it is actually normal, especially if we get burned out. Normal or not, it can be irritating especially if we need to meet a deadline. Sometimes we just need the break in order to recharge ourselves, but other times, we need something to light a fire under our rear ends, much like the match that will light the pile of wood in this Ace of Energy card from the Snowland Tarot. So what are some ideas to get and stay motivated?? I’m glad that you asked! Here are just a few ideas to get things pumping.
Music – Find a song, or songs, that motivate you. Whether it’s the lyrics or the beat that moves you, find one or find many. The point is that it motivates you.
- Use the song as your alarm clock so that you hear it every morning or set multiple alarms throughout the day to get the periodic boost that you need
- Set the song as your ring tone or text notification so you hear it unexpectedly as a reminder
- Make a play list on your iPod or mp3 player and play it during your morning shower to start your day off right
- Listen to your list of motivational songs while you run errands or exercise
Affirmations – Affirmations are a great motivator when used properly. The thing is, we all see the affirmations but we let them go in and then right back out. We don’t necessarily retain them. Give these a try.
- Place post it notes where you regularly go in your house, car or work, or wherever. Somewhere that you will see them on a regular basis – refrigerator, bathroom mirror, computer screen, etc.
- Put the affirmation on your screen saver on your computer.
- Put it as your wallpaper on your phone, computer, ipad, etc.
Goals – Do you have goals? Have you written them down? Like the affirmations, we need to be able to see them at least every once in awhile. The more often we see them, the better.
- Make a list of your goals and keep it handy for you to look at when you need the motivation
- Put one goal a day on your computer as a screen saver or wallpaper, or on your phone, ipad, etc.
- Choose a song a day or a week to represent your goal and program your phone accordingly (see above)
Lists – Keeping a daily list of what you want to accomplish for the day can really take you far, especially if you are a list person. The key is to keep the items on the list manageable. If you put too many things on it, you will end up feeling overwhelmed, totally defeating the purpose of being motivated. Start with only 5 things on your list. The accomplishment of checking things off the list is a great feeling, motivating you to do even more. If you find that you have checked off all of the things on your list, either add more to it, or take some time off. You deserve it. If you are having a difficult time working on your list in the first place, please see the above suggestions.
Meditation - I don’t know about you, but meditating gets my rear in gear every time. Whether I am listening to a guided meditation or playing it by ear, I always come out relaxed and ready to get things accomplished. If meditation is not easy for you, guided meditations may be the best way to go. Look for ones with affirmations and positive messages to lift you up. If you don’t like guided, create your own affirmation or mantra and repeat it for several minutes. I have found that a minimum of 5 minutes is what works for me.
All it takes is some creativity in order to find the motivational tool that works for you. So….how will you Git-Er-Done this week?
Have a blessed week!!
This week’s affirmation:
Motivation is all around me.
This week’s song:
To see more of the very charming Snowland Tarot Deck, or to purchase, please click here